AMMC in brief
The Association of music museums and collections (AMMC) was established in November 2009 and today unites 57 museums of different administrative and legal forms and type of collections — from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Russian Federation and Ukraine.
Main aims of AMMC are to develop the activity of music museums, to strengthen interregional and international relationsin the museum field, as well as the promotion of musical culture.
Main directions of the Association activity:
- Educational trips and workshops for museum professionals,
- Methodological assistance for small museums and organization of professional fellowships,
- Database of moving and poster exhibitions,
- Publications on the museum and musical theme,
- Affiliate programs and network formats,
- Cooperation with concert organizations, theaters, universities and non-musical museums.
Association launches own projects and is ready to cooperate and act as a transactor between Russian and international organizations. Memorial funds and houses, personal archives of composers, performers, researchers, as well as a collection of musical instruments, which are managed by museums of AMMC, represent a unique material for interdisciplinary programs, exchange of exhibitions and innovative projects.
AMMC President — Mikhail Bryzgalov, General Director, Glinka National Museum Consortium of Musical Culture.
AMMC Secretary General — Ksenia Novokhatko
+7 495 928 39 64
4, Fadeeva str., Moscow 125047